Oracle Linux can offer you out-of-the-box optimisations for your Oracle Databases that Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, and other Linux distributions do not.
Oracle Linux has consistently been one of the fastest growing enterprise Linux distributions in recent years.
Engineered for open cloud infrastructure, it delivers leading performance, scalability, reliability and security for enterprise SaaS and PaaS workloads, as well as traditional enterprise applications.
Much of this growth comes from clients migrating from other Linux distributions, in order to save on licensing costs and take advantage of Oracle’s OS optimisation for its own solution stacks.
Oracle Linux Support offers access to award-winning Oracle support resources and Linux support specialists, zero-downtime updates using Ksplice, management tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager and lifetime support, all at a low cost.
The Benefits of Oracle Support
|Oracle Linux Premier Support||Red Hat Enterprise|
Linux Server Premium
|Access updates and patches||✔||✔|
|24 x 7 Phone and Web support||✔||✔|
|No Forced Upgrades to Obtain Bug Fixes||✔|| ✗|
|Lifetime Support||✔|| ✗|
|Integrated Management and Monitoring||✔|| ✗|
|Clustering Software and File System||✔|| ✗|
|Zero Downtime Updates with Ksplice||✔|| ✗|
|Comprehensive Legal Indemnification||✔|| ✗|
Why Bell Integration
We are an Oracle Partner and have over 20 years experience in providing technology solutions which help optimise performance, reduce costs, ensure reliability and availability of your services. The benefits of working with Bell are:
- Risk-free migration - we ensure the smoothest possible transition to your new Linux environment, with no risk of business disruptions, data loss or overruns. We provide consultancy, discovery, planning and execution of the license migration, to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Right-sizing your license requirements - We assess, manage and align your Linux licencing requirements with your business needs. In the past, we have saved our clients over 50% on their licencing distribution costs.
- Keep applications online – rolling out patches with zero downtime. With Oracle's Ksplice you can apply kernel and user space updates to your Linux systems while they’re running.
- Reduce costs – Reboots require costly supervision. With Ksplice, updates are installed in seconds, without interrupting running applications or the people using the applications.
- Increase security – reducing risk to vulnerabilities with automated patching, we provide patch management as a service, ensuring the latest updates are always applied. Postponing the installation of updates until a convenient time leaves systems vulnerable to well-known security problems.