Bell Integration is an IT Systems Integrator. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our websites. Please read the following notice to understand how we will collect and use your information and the rights you have in relation to your information. References in this notice to “your information” are also to personal information that you provide to us. This notice was last updated on the above date and may vary from time to time so please check it regularly.
Bell Integration is the data controller of any information provided via our website and our contact details together with details of our registration with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office are set out in section 9 below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.1. The information we collect
You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website, however, you may choose to do so by completing application forms on various sections of our websites, including:
- our careers section
- our contact us form
We also obtain personal information from your IP address, operating system and web browser that you use to access our website. Please see section 1.5 (Cookies) and section 1.6 (IP Addresses) below for more details about this. You may also provide us with personal information if you contact us by email, telephone or letter.
1.2. How we use your information
We will only use the information you provide to us on these sections of the website in order to process the relevant application form. Please see the privacy wording on the relevant form for a more detailed explanation of how your information will be used. We may also use your personal information to:
- collect personal data as part of the recruitment process with the purpose of sourcing and selecting candidates for relevant roles. This is normally in the form of a CV and covering letter.
- conduct administrative or operational processes within our business
- process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received by you
- to provide products and services requested by you
- to identify products and services you may be interested in
- to communicate with you about our products and services
- to invite you to events
- monitor and analyse our business
- form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve our services and/or products that may be of interest to you and to carry out market research
- send you marketing.
For more details about how we use your information for marketing purposes please see section 1.3 below (Using your information for Marketing Purposes).
1.3. Using your information for Marketing Purposes
We may ask whether you wish to receive marketing from us and this will be presented to you as an option on the relevant application form or page on our website where necessary. We will not send you marketing if you ask us not to. If you have agreed to receive marketing but then later change your mind and no longer wish to receive marketing, please inform us so we can remove you from our distribution lists. You can contact us on email@example.com or the contact details below in section 1.9.
1.4. How and why we share your information
Please note that we may on occasion be required to share your information with Bell Integration offices and branches and our associated firms around the world and any third parties who provide services on our behalf. However, we have taken steps to ensure that all such entities keep your personal information confidential and secure and only use it for the purposes that we have specified and have informed you of. In relation to any other third parties we will only disclose your information where you have given your consent or where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
1.6. IP addresses
When you visit our web site our server will record your IP address together with the date, time and duration of your visit. An IP address is an assigned number, similar to a telephone number, which allows your computer to communicate over the Internet. It enables us to identify which organisations have visited our website. We use this information to compile statistical data on the use of our website to track how users navigate through our site in order to enable us to evaluate and improve our site.
We use up-to-date data storage and security techniques to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to try and protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
What information do we collect:
- All applications require a CV so we may collect, use, store and transfer personally identifiable information that you provide:
- Identity Data includes name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Interview notes if you progress to an interview stage
- Stage reached of recruitment process
Where we collect this information from:
- Your application(s) to our career site or via adverts on external job board(s)
- Subscription-based CV databases where you have uploaded your CV.
- Networking sites such as LinkedIn.
- Interview feedback
- From 3rd party recruitment suppliers that have been specifically instructed to source relevant candidates on our behalf
Where we store this information:
- Bell will store your CV, associated contact details and interview notes on a third party system called iCIMs (data processor). Its policies on data security can be found here:
- If you reach interview stage then your CV + contact details may also be stored in an Outlook diary specifically for tracking interviews.
Who do we share your information with:
- Your application will be shared with the hiring manager and any interviewers involved in the process.
- In some cases, our customer may have an influence on the selection process and, in these cases, we may share name and career history with our customer.
1.9. Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
(d) interview notes and assessments
|Necessary for our legitimate interest (to assess your suitability with an open role)|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity|
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:|
(d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you|
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity|
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)|
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity|
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
2.0 Your rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
2.1 Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- If you are unsuccessful for a position with us we will retain your data for 24 months after the job position has closed before purging it from iCIMs. This allows us to have data in case we need to re-open a role or answer any enquiries on the process.
- If you are successful we will retain your recruitment data for the duration of your employment/ engagement and for 24 months after the end date with Bell Integration, unless otherwise required to comply with applicable laws.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our Retention Schedule which you can request from us by contacting us.
2.2 Contact information
If you have any questions in relation to this notice please contact us at:
To the attention of the Data Protection Officer
Address: Data Protection, New Hampshire Court, St Pauls Road, Portsmouth, PO5 4AQ
Telephone: +44 2392 825925
If you currently receive marketing information from us which you would prefer not to receive in the future, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bell Microsystems Ltd, trading as Bell Integration is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under the following ICO Registration Number: Bell Microsystems Ltd (trading as Bell Integration) Z3593218
All email messages sent to and from Bell Integration may be monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our business.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.