Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) can be defined as the integration of business operations and values
Whereby the interests of all stakeholders including investors, customers, employees, the community and the environment are reflected in the company’s policies and actions.
At Bell Integration we are committed to:
- Implementing a dynamic CSR strategy
- Acting in a socially responsible way and meeting all relevant legislation
- Encouraging our staff to be mindful of the effect of their actions both direct and indirect on the environment.
Our CSR Policy relates and links to our commitment to:
- Environment – our continual improvement in environmental activities and processes coupled with minimisation of pollution and cost savings
- Carbon Reduction – working to reduce our carbon footprint with independent verification. These actions are supported by our Green Team who identify methods to reduce our carbon emissions
- Eco-efficient – underpinned by our customers’ policies ensuring compliance to directives such as the WEEE Directive, Reduce; Reuse; Recycle – managing our customer’s entire lifecycle of their IT solutions in a more eco-efficient manner, reducing energy consumption, re-using redundant systems and managing the disposal and recycling of systems that are beyond their useful working life
- ISO 14001 certification – as a registered company independently audited by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited (LRQA). View all our accreditations
In implementing these policies, we aim to:
- Be socially and environmentally responsible
- Be ambassadors of good practice.
Standards of business conduct
- We recognise that good CSR embraces all aspects of sustainability and the way we affect people through our business operations
- We aim to operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices
- We believe that a responsible approach to developing relationships between companies and the communities they serve, global or local, is a vital part of delivering business success
- We aim to be a good employer expanding our business and developing our staff to meet the needs of our customers.
- We are committed to ensuring that our business is conducted in all respects according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards
- We endeavour to ensure that all Stakeholders are taken into consideration in the decision-making and management processes of our services
- All groups and individuals with whom we have a business relationship will be treated in a fair, open and respectful manner
- We encourage our customers and vendors to give feedback on our performance and ensure that all comments are analysed, responded to and where appropriate, acted upon.
Care for the environment is one of our key responsibilities and an important part of the way in which we do business.
To this end we have established an environmental policy available to all parties through our internet and on display in our offices.
- Supported by our ISO 14001 management system our objective is to endeavour to reduce our impact on the environment through a commitment to continual improvement
- We act on the recommendations of our independent assessors to reduce our carbon foot print
- We review & develop our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation.
Equality and Diversity
- We eliminate discrimination on any grounds and promote equality of opportunity throughout our organisation
- We will ensure that our customers and contractors work together in confidence and are treated with respect by each party
- Our range of services will take account of the needs of a diverse customer base.
Human Trafficking and Slavery
- We are committed to a work environment that is free from human trafficking, forced labour and unlawful child labour (“human trafficking and slavery”)
- We will not knowingly use unlawful child labour or forced labour in any of the products and/or services we provide, nor will we accept products and/or services from vendors/suppliers that employ or use child labour or forced labour.
- We aim to apply a best practice approach to all our processes that support the principles, policies and procedures on which sustainable business activity is based
- We seek to minimise the adverse environmental effects of people travelling to and from our offices and operate our vehicle fleet efficiently by reducing unnecessary travel.
We deal responsibly, openly and fairly with customers and potential customers by:
- Ensuring that all our documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Being open about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem, deal with it and prevent any future recurrence
- We will listen to our customers in order to help us improve the products and services we offer to them.
Ethics and Ethical Trading
- We will ensure clear visibility through our supply chains
- We will ensure that contractors uphold our standards and behaviours consistent with the Company’s requirements.
- We will use local vendors and contractors wherever possible taking into consideration their environmental performance and policies
- Where possible vendors will be encouraged to help us achieve our policy aspirations in the delivery of our products and services
- We will continue to work with vendors to reduce the amount of packaging and waste materials where possible.
Child Brain Injury Trust
Bell Integration is committed to supporting the community in which we work, at an individual, local and national level, and we encourage our employees to get involved in volunteering and fundraising for charitable causes. As a company, we are proud to partner with The Child Brain Injury Trust (CBIT).
Find Out More.