The project can potentially turn into a logistical nightmare which consumes both time and resources and can pose a significant challenge for any business looking to move: the risk of data loss, data corruption, unexpected downtime or disruption to daily operations are all serious considerations.
According to Gartner Inc, 70% of data centre migrations will experience significant time delays or un-planned downtime.
Hidden complexity, failure to establish or understand pre-move baselines, insufficient monitoring and post-move testing, poor planning and a lack of project experience could all cause a data centre relocation project to be delayed or even fail.
Our consultants and specialists have extensive expertise in planning and running relocation and migration projects and are perfectly placed to guide you through the process to ensure a seamless and successful project. The team understands that every data centre is unique and therefore every relocation or migration project is different and there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach.
An in-depth knowledge of risks, difficulties and challenges and more importantly how to overcome them has been built up by the team through years of planning and execution, they are experts in their field.
How Bell can help
There is no typical data centre relocation project but the approach used works uniformly, a 5 step process to fully understand, plan and carry out the relocation:
- Step 1: Analysis of your current infrastructure – including ownership and dependencies of your data centre.
- Step 2: Risk profiling and business case – business applications are grouped and mapped, risk profiling is carried out and a business case is provided.
- Step 3: Relocation / migration method recommendation – we’ll identify and recommend target hosting platforms (if a change is necessary or recommended), decision trees are designed to allow an accurate selection of appropriate methods.
- Step 4: Planning phase – Extensive planning to cover grouping and scheduling.
- Step 5: Project Execution
Contact us to book a consultation and find out how the Bell Team can help you reduce risk, minimise downtime and keep your relocation project on track.